For Nigerians aspiring to make Canada their new home, there are expedited pathways that can streamline the immigration process. Here’s a guide to some of the fastest ways to relocate to Canada
1. Express Entry System: The Express Entry system is a swift and points-based immigration process. Skilled workers can create an Express Entry profile, and candidates with high Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) scores are invited to apply for permanent residency.
2. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs): Many provinces in Canada have their own immigration programs, known as Provincial Nominee Programs. These programs target specific skills and occupations needed in the region, providing a faster route for skilled workers to obtain permanent residency.
3. Study and Work Programs: Enrolling in a Canadian educational institution can be a strategic move. Study permits often come with the opportunity to work part-time during studies and full-time during scheduled breaks. Graduates may also be eligible for post-graduate work permits, paving the way for permanent residency.
4. Family Sponsorship: Family reunification is a priority in Canadian immigration policy. If you have close family members who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents, they may be able to sponsor your immigration.
5. Intra-Company Transfers: If you work for a multinational company with a presence in Canada, intra-company transfers can be a swift way to relocate. This option allows employees to move to a Canadian branch without the need for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
6. Atlantic Immigration Pilot: The Atlantic provinces participate in a special immigration pilot program aimed at attracting skilled workers and graduates. This program offers a faster route to permanent residency for those who secure a job offer from an employer in the Atlantic region.
By exploring these fast-track options, Nigerians can significantly expedite their journey to relocate to Canada. It’s essential to stay updated on immigration policies, program requirements, and eligibility criteria, as they may evolve. Seeking guidance from immigration consultants or legal professionals can also enhance the chances of a successful and swift relocation.